Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Gulp.......

All Monday morning at work I was SO excited for what was to come at lunch time. Even though I was sick as a dog, I still had high spirits about the blood tests that were being drawn at lunchtime. I talked to my work and they gave me the afternoon off, I was as useless at work as could be possible. I was miserable and just needed to go home.

So, I got off work at 1:15pm (15 minutes early for lunch) and quickly drove over to Aurora Medical Center, just a few minutes away from my work and got my blood drawn. I think the lady at the laboratory who was drawing it, I think thought I was crazy or just a goofball.....I was asking a bunch of questions like when the tests get picked up and how long does it take for the tests to be done and I went on and on. In all reality, I was just really excited and nervous. When I get like that, I tend to talk a lot and very fast, that somehow comforts me.

At 2:30, a short one hour and 15 minutes after the draw, my phone rang with a '414' area code number showing up, I knew right away it was my doctor. It was Molly, a very sweet nurse of Dr. Wittmaack's. I could just tell by the sound in her voice what the results were. She started off by asking how I was and proceeded to tell me what the doctor looks for in these types of tests. She says that typically the HcG level needs to be above 2. Mine.....was not. It was below 2. Meaning, Corey & I were NOT pregnant. I couldn't really respond, I was truely shocked after all, I had convinced myself that I was pregnant.

The rest of the night was...Not Good. I called Corey at work and told him the bad news, he started to get choked up a little bit but held it together. Yeah, um not me. I went ahead and called my Mom, Dad, and sisters. They have been AMAZING support behind us. They helped me see the positive in this horrible time. After awhile, Corey came home from work, bringing some beautiful flowers and some medicine to make me feel better. We spent the rest of the night cuddling and talking about what our next step is......

No comments:

Post a Comment