Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Results Are In......

Well, the 'big day' came and went.....when Corey got home from Fargo on Sunday evening, we decided to do a pregnancy test together. We were both so incredibly excited while we were waiting for those three little minutes, that seemed to take an eternity...I swear...if we could replay how we were acting, I bet we looked like five year olds just waiting to open that first gift from Santa on Christmas morning!!!! Oh, we were SO excited! That was the longest 180 seconds of my life.

We went into the bathroom, I grabbed the stick and covered the reading so we couldn't peek, so we could both see it together......sadly, it said "Not Pregnant". Sucks. Really Sucks. We truly thought this was our time, I actually felt like I was pregnant. It's crazy what your mind will do to you when you're in the state of mind like I am, desperately wanting it to say we were pregnant.

Corey was right though......I was in shambles. I am so glad he was there to help pick up my pieces. The rest of the night was a blur as I was sick already, and to add this to the cake was just to much to bare. Corey comforted me and him being there cuddling me made things seem for just a split second, that things will be alright. He made me see that, there are still options out there.

However, those at home pregnancy tests, aren't always 100% accurate, so Cor reassured me that the test could have possibly been wrong.

The next day (Monday) I was to have more blood work: a progesterone level and a HcG level check to see if we were in deed pregnant.

More to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment