Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What's Next.......

OK, so we have a week to wait to find out if we are pregnant. Corey keeps telling me to relax and not get stressed over what the outcome will be. I am always thinking one step ahead and have been doing an extensive amount of research of what to do IN CASE we need to look at further options.

Our next and last option to have a baby will be In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF). It's a very hard thing to swallow when you look at what it exactly entails. Not even the money aspect, but the emotional side of it is exhausting.

We have discussed and come to a decision that if IUI does not work, we are looking at doing IVF in Madrid, Spain in late September/early October of this year. We will have to be in Europe for 2 weeks for the procedure. I have been talking to some people that have been very helpful and kind with getting things in order for the big procedure.

What would I have to go through when attempting IVF? Well it's basically really easy, along with very detailed and extremely time consuming. On my first day of my cycle I would need Corey to start giving me injections three times a day for nine to ten days...on day 8 of my cycle I will need to be in Spain where the start of retreiving the eggs will start. Corey's sample will be collected and frozen and I will wait 3-5 more days while the laboratory works their magic to hopefully make a baby. Than once the eggs and sperm have combined like needed, they are injected into me and if they attach to my lining, than we're pregnant!!!!
That's just a nutshell of what the procedure is, there's many more medications I will need to be on for months before the procedure, and so forth, but I won't bore you with all the itty bitty details.



Going through this has been a very hard thing for me to deal with. Corey has truely been my rock, keeping me grounded and sane through this very long journey. Thank you SO much Corey for putting up with me through these last 4 years of sadness, stress, frustration, and disappointment. I love you more that words can say and you are my whole world...through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment